Tin Bath Extra

Details of ELR related charters, tours etc. using both steam and diesel loco's. Also incorporating update snippets on Ian Riley's work in progress.
the_jon_m

Tin Bath Extra

Post by the_jon_m »

The Pair of Black 5s were looking gleeming today

They sertainly made their presence known, going up Hunts Bank from Victoria the whole back became one giant white cloud. I went to the car park above Vic to get shots of them climbing the bank, but could hardly see the locos !
Union Pacific

Re: Tin Bath Extra

Post by Union Pacific »

the_jon_m wrote:The Pair of Black 5s were looking gleeming today

They sertainly made their presence known, going up Hunts Bank from Victoria the whole back became one giant white cloud. I went to the car park above Vic to get shots of them climbing the bank,

but could hardly see the locos !

should've gone to specsavers.
Planes,Trains, Automobiles and Marmite on toast.
the_jon_m

Post by the_jon_m »

should have gone to Gorton or the top of the bank !
Shredder
Location: On Tour with the PW gang, coming to a venue near you soon.

Post by Shredder »

An excellent location here at the top of Miles platting bank, but you will need steps, its where the fly over for Oldham Road goods depot use to be, click on the birds eye view

http://www.bing.com/maps/?mm_src=home&F ... IwOTAyMzUz
General Shred, US 101st Airborne, ageing rock guitar god, occasional permanent way ballast distrobution technician, and pandrol protection officer.
sng60007

Post by sng60007 »

A long day out for the customers no doubt , but someone deserves enormous credit for the the tour running at all. Derailed freight train at totley east jnct saw the tour go down the wcml via crewe and Lichfield, then down to derby, water the locos there I believe, then to Sheffield, after that do not know if they went copy pit or calder valley. Thank goodness the two drivers were Albert Seymour and Bill Andrews, tow drivers who must have booked route knowledge for nearly everywhere.

I belive yesterday was 50yrs to the day that Bill Andrews fisrt started at Rose Grove shed, wish him a happy retirement, he will be sorely missed.
Jeff Albiston

Post by Jeff Albiston »

Bill Andrews did his last main-line run on Sunday, and today has done the test run with 70000 'Britannia'. After he has finished with 70000, he will official retire from the railway scene.

He will be missed by railwaymen & enthusiasts.
martyn

Post by martyn »

How did they get from Lichfield to Derby?
No connection on my map at Lichfield. Thought they would have to reverse at Tamworth? Or go to Nuneaton and then via Leicester? Or am i wrong?

What was wrong with Crewe (or Macc) to Stoke and then direct to Derby?
peter winstanley

Post by peter winstanley »

There is a link from the Trent Valley line to the Lichfield City to Burton line just to the east of Lichfield T.V. station
martyn

Post by martyn »

Thanks for that. I obviously need to get a better map!
charterboy

Post by charterboy »

Jeff Albiston wrote:Bill Andrews did his last main-line run on Sunday, and today has done the test run with 70000 'Britannia'. After he has finished with 70000, he will official retire from the railway scene.

He will be missed by railwaymen & enthusiasts.
Totally agree, had some cracking runs on the mainline with Bill at the helm 8)
Mike Taylor

Tin Bath Extra

Post by Mike Taylor »

Bill Andrew ain't finished yet, watch this space..........
Mike Taylor

Tin Bath Extra

Post by Mike Taylor »

Looks like Bill Andrew will have 5690 on the Christmas Fellsman on 27 November 2010

Post by 40071 »

martyn wrote:How did they get from Lichfield to Derby?
No connection on my map at Lichfield. Thought they would have to reverse at Tamworth? Or go to Nuneaton and then via Leicester? Or am i wrong?

What was wrong with Crewe (or Macc) to Stoke and then direct to Derby?
Engineering work in the Stoke area. Anyway we had a cracking run down the WCML so no complaints.