Cotton Mill thread??

Details of ELR related charters, tours etc. using both steam and diesel loco's. Also incorporating update snippets on Ian Riley's work in progress.

Should the Cotton Mill thread be on here

Poll ended at Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:26 pm

Yes
44%
No
17%
I'm not bothered either way
9%
I don't care I have a life
18%
We should canvas a further 15,000 people to waste even more of our time
3%
I'm not going to vote in this silly poll
9%

Total votes: 66

Stephen Lawton

Cotton Mill thread??

Post by Stephen Lawton »

:roll: *sigh*
David Peacock

Re: Cotton Mill thread??

Post by David Peacock »

Stephen Lawton wrote::roll: *sigh*
Steve - This forum is about the ELR and loco's based there NOT WCRC or the RTC.

There are plenty of other internet sites covering the general charter scene both Diesel and Steam.

The non ELR stuff appearing on here dilutes the important stuff IMHO.
Actively involved with diesel preservation for a while but cannot see the point of listing things here to make myself look 'important'
lightphase

Post by lightphase »

i think any local mainline stuff should be on here, its a great help and keeps me reading other forums longer, i know im not the most active member here but i read daily and i think info on such things such as the cotton mill breaking down is of interest,

i do think however and knowing how forum software works from running several, would it not be possible to add a new catergory for members of this site called national rail or something similar that can be for steam and diesel of national movements tours and events that could be of interest to members of the site, i think this should be a very small part of the site and by doing this i dont think it will take the aim away from the main day to day posting of info regarding the elr
Concrete Bob

Post by Concrete Bob »

Guys, get a grip. Having a post about a tour failing in the ELR's catchment area is hardly likely to "dilute" the posts regarding ELR business.

There have only been THREE threads THIS MONTH! Two of them are about the same failed train!
the_jon_m

Post by the_jon_m »

well, it did fail twice !!

Post by 40071 »

Any discussion that keeps people on this forum must be a good thing, to want to ban threads that are not directly related to ELR is a very retrograde and short sighted move.