Cotton Mill 13.02.2010

Details of ELR related charters, tours etc. using both steam and diesel loco's. Also incorporating update snippets on Ian Riley's work in progress.

Cotton Mill 13.02.2010

Post by 4472 »

I have received news that 46115 has failed again, this time at Eccles.
It is understood that the big end has gone.

This has come from a fried already on the train, they are currently awaiting a diesel to haul the train back to Carnforth.

Can anybody else confirm this??

Tatie

Post by 47406 »

Similar postings on wnxx and Nat Pres forums confirm this.

47760 to the resuce.

Very unfortunate for all involved as that makes it 2nd time unlucky :(
sng60007

Post by sng60007 »

customer just came to my booking office window on way home, stuck on train for over 2hrs, it happens failures, such a shame for the passengers
malc

Post by malc »

sng60007 wrote:customer just came to my booking office window on way home, stuck on train for over 2hrs, it happens failures
They must have been asleep for 2 hours - we spent nearly 4 hours in Eccles Loop waiting for a diesel, then waiting while they dismantled the motion on 46115
david layland
Location: Wigan, home of the 2018 Super League champions and the 2013 FA Cup winners

Post by david layland »

I appreciate that this may well be being looked at (still?) by the moderators, but at the risk of repeating what has previously been said and the heading of this section

What has this thread got to do with the ELR??
David Peacock

Post by David Peacock »

david layland wrote:I appreciate that this may well be being looked at (still?) by the moderators, but at the risk of repeating what has previously been said and the heading of this section

What has this thread got to do with the ELR??
Again I echo what David has said above.
Actively involved with diesel preservation for a while but cannot see the point of listing things here to make myself look 'important'
TBirdFrank

Post by TBirdFrank »

Nice to see a positive outward looking attitude - as usual
Oh No! Not 'the village idiot and 'is opinions again
Dave M
Site Admin

Post by Dave M »

TBirdFrank wrote:Nice to see a positive outward looking attitude - as usual
It's not really that to be fair. There's more than enough forums to discuss 46115, 6233, or the Winklybunion Valley Railway's next steam gala - and we all know where to find 'em. This forum was set up to be an ELR discussion area for all and sundry - and as that it's arguably the best resource for ELR information on the net (besides the website).

The above is posted with my admin's hat firmly OFF - just my opinion on it? What do others think?
Dave Martin
david layland
Location: Wigan, home of the 2018 Super League champions and the 2013 FA Cup winners

Post by david layland »

Frank,

Nice to hear from you again - I really must be like a red rag to a bull - however, Dave Martin's post completely and utterly sums this uses of thread up, it's absolutely nothing to do with a 'positive outward looking attitude' as there are many, many other forums for this sort of thing - you should know as your opinions are all over most of them.
T R E Pickles

Post by T R E Pickles »

Personally, I don't mind this thread - Cotton Mill is a mainline working passing through East Lancashire, so any news, gen, pictures, etc are of great interest to me.

However, I can easily agree with the fact that it is not an appropriate thread if this forum is for ELR related discussion, news, etc.

In a nutshell - I guess I don't mind either way.
David Peacock

Post by David Peacock »

40445 wrote:
TBirdFrank wrote:Nice to see a positive outward looking attitude - as usual
It's not really that to be fair. There's more than enough forums to discuss 46115, 6233, or the Winklybunion Valley Railway's next steam gala - and we all know where to find 'em. This forum was set up to be an ELR discussion area for all and sundry - and as that it's arguably the best resource for ELR information on the net (besides the website).

The above is posted with my admin's hat firmly OFF - just my opinion on it? What do others think?
Fully agree with you Dave.

I think the non ELR stuff just dilutes the info on ELR based loco's.
Actively involved with diesel preservation for a while but cannot see the point of listing things here to make myself look 'important'
David Peacock

Post by David Peacock »

T R E Pickles wrote:Cotton Mill is a mainline working passing through East Lancashire.
But NOT operating over the metals of the ELR.
Conireland

Post by Conireland »

David Peacock wrote:
T R E Pickles wrote:Cotton Mill is a mainline working passing through East Lancashire.
Hence it is in the 'Mainline' section
David Peacock

Post by David Peacock »

Conireland wrote:
David Peacock wrote:
Hence it is in the 'Mainline' section
Which states the following on the index page:

"Details of ELR related charters, tours etc. using both steam and diesel loco's."

fairly self explanatory I think.
andyc

Post by andyc »

But to me the Mainline section applies to locos such as 44871, 45407, 71000, 40145 and 55022 - the ELR based main line registered locomotives.

The Cotton Mill Express does pass through East Lancashire, but not the East Lancashire Railway and I really believe as David L and Dave Peacock have already said that it should apply to ELR based locomotives operating on the mainline. Otherwise, why not feature the workings of 6024, 34067, 6233 etc, as they have just as much relevance to the ELR as the Cotton Mills in my mind.

If the Cotton Mills were being worked by one of Ian's locomotives or by 71000 it would be a different matter and in those circumstances I think it would be wholly appropriate.

I can't see followers of main line tours stopping by here to see what's happening, but followers of the ELR probably do.
Andy Coward