CFPS Tour featuring 40145 & D1015 15th to 16th May 2010

Details of ELR related charters, tours etc. using both steam and diesel loco's. Also incorporating update snippets on Ian Riley's work in progress.
David Peacock

CFPS Tour featuring 40145 & D1015 15th to 16th May 2010

Post by David Peacock »

Having received lots of support the CFPS will be running the following tour:

Following substantial interest it has been decided to go ahead with this tour.

The tour will run on May 15th/16th from Crewe/Manchester to Penzance via Midlands, Banbury, Westbury. It is proposed to visit Falmouth, Newquay and St Ives. 40145 will be the main tour engine from the North West with Western Diesel D1015 featuring probably from Westbury where it will work in tandem with 40145 and top and tail on the branches. A booking form will appear in the tours section of the CFPS website shortly and also here.

Whilst we are putting the booking form together a little more on cost of the tour. Prices will be £135 Standard and £190 First but if you book before 15th March you get 5% off these prices so £128.25 and £180.50 respectively.

Booking forms will be available soon.

We are also hoping to run 2 tours off our railway later in the year, details to follow.
Actively involved with diesel preservation for a while but cannot see the point of listing things here to make myself look 'important'
David Peacock

Post by David Peacock »

Actively involved with diesel preservation for a while but cannot see the point of listing things here to make myself look 'important'
Mark Jopson

Post by Mark Jopson »

FANTASTIC!

This was our first ever tour and definitley not our last.

We loved the atmosphere on the train,the enthusiastic drving and meeting new people.

Big thanks to all the staff who's hard work made this a weekend to remember.Can't wait to see you all again.

Mark (The big guy in coach D)

some pics here http://picasaweb.google.com/Bigbadjop/T ... csChampion#
A.Reiner

Post by A.Reiner »

Excellent cant make this one but good luck guys!
David Peacock

Post by David Peacock »

A.Reiner wrote:Excellent cant make this one but good luck guys!
Think you need to catch up with the rest of us, tour ran last weekend :D
A.Reiner

Re: CFPS Tour featuring 40145 & D1015 15th to 16th May 2

Post by A.Reiner »

David Peacock wrote:Having received lots of support the CFPS will be running the following tour:

Following substantial interest it has been decided to go ahead with this tour.
haha! Oops I only read the first post and obviously not the last one!!! :lol: