Real time data

Only railway orientated links please.
Simon

Real time data

Post by Simon »

No doubt that you are all heard of and used the website Real Time Trains and the opportunities that now gives you; but the website Open Train Times has gone a stage further.

Using the same data and live feeds as RTT, it has created a number of maps across the network which pin point train movement using this data. Having looked at it and compared with CCF in work the data is real time... ok both systems work at the same pace... :wink:

The only reason why I mention this now... is that they have included Manchester Piccadilly in their growing list of maps along with the whole of Merseyrail and Glasgow Central in their last update. The Piccadilly map covers the approaches from Ardwick Junction to the main shed and out onto the viaduct to Oxford Road.

On a smaller scale and more local Open Rail Live Railway Data has created a map of the Chat Moss route for users to view.

Never has watching trains been so easy... I remember when... <insert own rose tinned anecdote here>

Anyway... Rumours that Bury South will next appear are without subsistence, but I like mentioning them at every possible opportunity to see if the Signalling Inspector bites... :twisted:.
robert

Re: Real time data

Post by robert »

Fabbo stuff Si, thanks for posting. 8)
We're so sorry Uncle Albert...but the kettle's on the boil...and we're so eeeeasily pulled away!
keepchuffin2012

Re: Real time data

Post by keepchuffin2012 »

As above, Fabbo, was not aware of this. Thanks for the info.